Friday, January 18, 2013

Before the wedding...

I finally have a moment where the dishes are clean, floors are swept and washed, laundry done(ish) and my husband is gone golfing. :) ...So I can write all about our wedding day! I just can't believe it's taken me a month and a half to catch you up on one of the most amazing days of my life! :)


Source
I woke up on Saturday, November 24th 2012 slightly nervous about the weather- but very sure that God would have answered my (and many of your!...) prayers for lovely weather on my wedding day. I jumped out of bed, and held my breath as I tugged on the roll-up shade. There wasn't a cloud in the sky- it was chilly, but there was no rain... Even though there where ominous clouds when I fell asleep the night before. :) My joyful heart felt like it could explode as I ran to the guest room (Emma stayed with me for three nights before the wedding- helping me remember everything!!) I shrieked and jumped on Emma's bed. "I'm getting married today!!!!" :) I spun around the room and jumped up and down and tried not to cry. She smiled and rolled her eyes at me at the same time. We decided to go through the Bojangles drive through in our Pajamas - and get coffee at a local coffee shoppe. We giggled and had fun together- and I kept thanking the Lord for the time with her before the business of everything started that day. I really don't think that I've done so much in my life in one day.... :) The lady at the coffee shoppe told me to have a good day- and once outside I said to Emma, "Of COURSE I'm going to have a good day!! I'M GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!" Emma rolled her eyes, but grinned big- and led me back to where she'd parked the car... because we both didn't think it was safe for me to be driving, since I couldn't remember a darn thing. :)

Applying makeup
Everyone started arriving at the house at about 9 (I think?) :) The bridesmaids, the girls that did our photography while we got ready, their sister who was so so awesome to offer to do everyone's hair, my mom, aunt and grandmother with brunch for everyone... When the Mrs. G showed up with Anna- one of my bridesmaids.... I ran out to see them and she shouted at the top of her lungs: "YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED TODAY!!!" :)  Finally someone who was getting the excitement!!




My Maid of Honour and Sister: Emma
A little help from my mom and Emma

Just a peek...

We all got ready, ate, watched everyone get their hair done, did make up, and I realized that I still hadn't trimmed the veil that I made to the right length... so Emma did that for me after she put it on. :) My Dad showed up with Flynn (my brother), my grandmother and Mimi (my adopted Grandmother) and Dad came up and we prayed as a family (but without Liam and although this was the happiest day of my life, I tried so hard not to cry- because I SO wanted him to be here for this). We all went downstairs- and I prayed over the day with everyone - and tried not to cry.

Savannah S. drove all of the bridesmaids in my car, and Mom, Dad, the grandmas, Flynn and I rode in my parent's van. We drove out to the chapel - or almost there.... Because the chapel doesn't have any other rooms to get ready or hide or anything, we had to drive to a little gas station just up the road and wait for the call that they were ready for us. We ended up heading up there at 2:15ish (I think) ....

The Beautiful Day!

The Chapel of Rest


The words on above in the chapel are:
Come unto me all you who are heavy laden and I will give you rest


.....

More to come in Part 2: The Wedding! Hope you all enjoy the pictures! Our photographer, Jennifer Abel (Leif's Aunt) was fabulous! 

Sincerely,
Arielle 

No comments:

Post a Comment