Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Go make your loved ones BREAD!


I don't know about your families- but Leif loves bread. No, I mean he loves bread. Making artisan (crusty baguette type) bread has being on my bucket list / new year's resolution list for years- probably since Leif and I were friends and I found out what an amazing guy he was and really wanted to impress him with my mad baking skills (not that I ever even attempted- but it was a nice thought).... anywhoo. But I've been reading this book about French cooking and baguettes and chocolate (mostly chocolate... and making amazing truffles is on my bucket list now) .... and it's totally inspired me to bake! I can cook fairly well (my mother is to be given the credit for our amazing "home economics" courses), but I rarely bake and never bake bread since I moved out on my own. (Mom baked whole wheat bread - with a soft crust.... which we totally took for granted growing up and I now miss!) But as Leif and I move in on month three of being married, it's high time for me to bake this man some bread. So yesterday- I found a pin I'd put on my pinterest recipe board about 5 min bread and started into it at about 5 p.m. yesterday. Well.  It's 5 min bread- once you've let it rise for 2 hours, and if you don't count the baking time... so at 8 p.m. I pulled this out of the oven...


We went a little bizerk with my new creation and immediately sunk into buttery, fresh bread heaven.... oh. my. word.... I've been dreaming about fresh baked creations and this soared above my expectations and perched in the tree of my dreams and sang lovely songs to me. It truly was out of this world. And the best part- is that it was SO easy! Here's the link.  Go check it out! Another great thing about this recipe is that once you've made a big batch of it- you stick the dough in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and it really does take 5 min to prep after that initial 2 hour rise. Let me know how yours turns out! Oh- they say to let it cool or the crust will be too tough and the dough spungy... well, we just couldn't wait THAT long- so we didn't and it was divine and it was just as amazing this a.m. as I nibbled left-overs after I made Leif a sandwich out of it with our panni maker (George Forman Grill) 

Enjoy! Go make your loved ones some BREAD!

Love,
Arielle

No comments:

Post a Comment